I love any type of bisques. This scrumptious bowl of butternut
and crab soup would have been superb pureed smooth but
I decided to leave it chunky so the squash would be more
This is one of my favorite squashes. The nuttiness of the squash
complements any dishes that you combine with it. This is truly enjoyable
with the crab garnish.
This is the perfect choice for lunch or dinner during this fall
season. It warms the soul and is quite easy to prepare and
reheat the next day.
4 minced and roasted garlic cloves
3 T olive oil
1 butternut squash, peeled and cubed
1 diced onion
1 qt broth
1 c light cream or milk
1 c crabmeat
1. Preheat oven to 350. Roast the garlic until soft.
2. In a dutch oven, add oil and heat on medium high.
3. Add the onions, squash and saute until lightly browned.
4. Add the broth and season to taste.
5. Bring to a boil and simmer until the vegetables are cooked.
6. Process in your food processor with the garlic.
7. Return to the pot and add the cream.
8. Scoop into your bowls and garnish with the crabmeat.
Adapted from gimmesomeoven.