Do you remember the first time that you tried cauliflower in a cheesy sauce? Many children do not
enjoy the taste of vegetables when they are introduced to them at an early age. Most of us have tried
to entice them with dips such as honey or hummus or cheesy sauces that are easy to please.
I did not have the pleasure of cauliflower or broccoli in a cheese sauce until I was an adult. It is undeniably
good especially if the cheese is a savory one. A gratin even works.
This gluten free version is easy to prepare and would be a change from your usual steamed vegetables.
1 cauliflower, cut into florets
1/3 c savory cheese grated
1 T butter
1 T rice flour
1 c almond milk
1 t dijon
2 chives chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. In boiling water, par boil the florets for 5 minutes. Rinse in cold water and drain.
3. In a small pot, melt the butter. Add the rice flour, stirring for one minute.
4. Add about 2/3 of the milk, whisking until the sauce thickens.
5. Add only 1/2 of the cheese, chives and stir together until smooth.
6. In a roasting dish, place the drained vegetables. Pour the cheese sauce over.
7. Bake for 15 minutes, sprinkle the rest of the cheese on the top and bake for an additional 10 min.
8. Makes an excellent side dish for your meals.
Adapted from tabithasglutenfreedishes.com