I made these banana bread pancakes today for breakfast. What a sublime
combination! Pancakes and banana bread all in one taste. Even though the
pancakes were a bit denser with this type of batter, the flavor of the bananas
is so delicious.
The perfect garnish would have been sliced bananas of course. All of mine
ended up being mashed into this ambrosial batter. With sliced almonds and
the decadence of maple syrup, tomorrow’s breakfast will be a keeper. Even the
cinnamon and nutmeg flavoring reminds us of our favorite banana bread but
with a twist.
Just remember that pancakes are not just for breakfast. On the
weekend, this could be your brunch meal. Or during the week, if
you are craving banana bread pancakes for dinner, just make them.
2 c flour
2 t baking powder
1/4 t salt
1/4 t brown sugar
1 t cinnamon
1/4 t nutmeg
2/3 c milk
1 T vanilla
3 large very ripe bananas, mashed
2 T melted butter
Garnish: sliced almonds
1. Preheat skillet to medium low.
2. In a large bowl, whisk flour, powder, salt, cinnamon, sugar, and nutmeg.
3. Next add the milk and vanilla and stir.
4. Add in bananas and melted butter.
5. Use butter or cooking spray on your skillet. Use a 1/3 c of batter and place on
the skillet. Due to the thickness, it may take about 1-3 minutes for bubbles to appear.
Flip when lightly browned.
7. Serve with sliced almonds and maple syrup.
Adapted from therecipecritic.com